barnwood

Thursday, December 23, 2010

merry merry merry

I have neglected the blog... again! Is anyone surprised? let's just get straight past the apology and to the updates and pictures!

This season we have been dashing from one gathering to another, seeing friends and family and enjoying the cooler weather when we're lucky enough to get a few hours of it. "Winter" in Texas looks very different than the visions of White Christmas I get every year, but in truth I really don't do well with snow. For vacation, yes; for every day living, no. So I'm thankful for my 60 degree Christmas, and raking leaves for the first time today because the yard hasn't needed it yet. Lovely.

Ransom has enjoyed his first winter season as well. He's gotten 4 teeth in the last 2 weeks, and is getting longer and leaner with all of the crawling, pulling up, and cruising around he's doing. No walking unassisted just yet, but I'm confident that he'll be toddling before his first birthday. Toddling like a toddler. I suppose at that point, the baby phase is done. I am thankful that for all of his thinning out, his cheeks have stayed as plump and plentiful as ever. Those cheeks will be the last bits of baby he keeps, I think. When they are gone I'll have to just get pregnant again :) Just kidding. sort of.

I'll leave you with pictures of our holidays so far... and post-Christmas and New Years I will add more as I can. I could promise to be better at this blog thing, but let's just leave it unsaid and see what happens. Then there are no broken promises ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment