barnwood

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Morn

This year was hands down my favorite Christmas morning that I can remember since I was a kid. We got up with Ransom and let him wander into the living room on his own, where we had set up his wagon and the few toys we got him. True to form, he crawled straight for the kitchen until we called his attention to the new goodies in the living room. He loved the wagon that my parents got him and pulled up on it as soon as his little legs got him within reach of it. We let him sit in it for a while and open a few things, then we got him settled playing with one new toy while I made breakfast. Oh, the deliciousness. I've been looking for a good recipe to take on as a traditional Christmas morning breakfast for our family and I think I hit it on the nose with the first one! We had (from scratch, of course) whole wheat cranberry waffles with fresh orange syrup and diced cranberry bits and Mexican hot chocolate with cinnamon sticks and vanilla whipped cream. SO good! I loved having access to the internet so I can steal recipes from people who know how to cook well :)

Today we took Ransom on his first ride in his wagon. It was a little chilly out, so we bundled him well and loaded him up with a quilt and pillow. He looked so snug and comfy that I had to climb in with him for the ride back. Papa was sweet enough to pull us both. What a doll... both of them.








1 comment: