barnwood

Thursday, October 7, 2010

best ride ever.

Yesterday, after work, Papa and I took Ransom to the bike store and bought his first bike helmet. We have been excited about getting the bike seat on and going for a family ride for a while. (this hasn't ever happened before, and the last time we rode together at all was early on in my pregnancy - maybe 3 or 4 months along, so it's well over due) I have to say, I had visions of popping the bike seat on, plopping him down in it, and riding off with ease. After opening the box (yes, it was still in it's box) I realized that we had some serious assembly before us. Lots of screws and bolts and bits to put together...so after assembling, taking apart, doing, undoing, reading instructions and abandoning instructions, we FINALLY got the thing put together and on my bike. SO cute! What did I ever do without that little co-pilot chair over my back wheel?


I have to say, my little man looked even more grown up in his helmet. He was thrilled about the entire process (talking excitedly in his jumper as we assembled it in front of him) and flapping his wings as we lowered him down into the seat. Oh, the joy! We probably could have just let him sit in it and never peddled anywhere and he would have been happy to kick his feet and chew on the handlebar. Instead, off we went!


Due to a ridiculous assembly time, we only had about 30 minutes before sunset. We spent it feeling the breeze, eating gnats, watching the wheels spin, kicking mama in the butt, tugging the back of her shirt, and singing. Perfection. It didn't even matter that his helmet slid down over his eyes about half way through. Looks like we'll need a few more adjustments, but here's the post ride happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment