barnwood

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Family Members

We have inherited a few things by moving into this new home. We have inherited an 'enchanted forest' of a backyard, as my brother calls it. We have all of the sights and smells of my childhood, with some improvements here and there.


We now have well paved roads! This warrants an exclamation point because it means that we can go on bike rides! Make no mistake - I adored the dirt road we lived on, but the paved roads around it were riddled with holes and cracks and upheavals here and there. It made it frustrating to walk or run on, but near impossible for bikes, skateboards, wagons and things like that. So I'm appreciating this pavement. There's plenty of dirt in the yard, after all.
We've also inherited Kitty Beaux. Kb is my mothers cat, although she can never really claim him as he's also half wild, and the size of a small cougar. She inherited him when she found he had jumped into the back of her van full of groceries and torn into a loaf of bread. Needless to say, he's pretty ballsy and not worried about much in life. He stays out all night most of the time, hunting and making mischief, and then comes in each morning for some snuggling and food. If I were to have any kind of cat it would have to be him. He's a barn cat. And we don't even have a real barn! (just a storage shed that's shaped like one). Yesterday I found him sleeping in the crib and as I picked him up to move him to a chair his entire body stayed as limp as it could possibly be. He let me carry him through the house, belly up, legs outstretched, and chin hanging upside down, purring the entire time. I am not a cat person, and will probably stay that way, but I'm pretty sure he's not a cat. He's something other, and I really like him. Ransom and Papa do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment