barnwood

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've finally finished and delivered Pierson's birthday present, and my first knitting project. Originally when I finished this little hat it was big enough to fit my grown-up head. Not so great for a two year old noggin. BUT, my sewing machine quickly fixed that. Maybe hardcore knitters would have whipped up another one in time for the big day, but not this newbie. I cheated and sewed up the sides. It somehow made the ears a little lopsided, but honestly I think it almost makes it cuter. Or maybe it's my little niece that makes it so cute...

My plan when I started learning to knit was to make cute little things for all of the cute little people in my life to give as Christmas gifts this year, but after making this one and one for Ransom I'm rethinking the plan. Maybe I'll just start now and give them as gifts for next year... yep, that's a better goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment