barnwood

Monday, September 27, 2010

Outside lunches

We went to the old place today to pack a few last things and begin the cleaning and painting process. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed working with all the doors open and the breeze blowing in, but no amount of perfect weather would make me want to drag this out any longer. I am SO ready to see the end of the boxes!
I am, however, resolved to be patient and positive, to take breaks to enjoy the little normal things like the weather and my growing boy. My growing boy, who is now drinking out of straws! Oh my goodness, it's hard to believe that he is already big enough to sit straight up and hold his cup. We only gave him the straw cup a few days ago, but on the first time he got it. Sometimes I think the only thing keeping him a baby in any way is us. We're going to have to be careful about that, I think. We'll have to pick and choose the things we hold him back from, and the things we let him charge forward with. It's going to be a lot of prayer and guidance from here on out.
I guess that's how parenthood should be though.
In the meantime, I think straws are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment