barnwood

Wednesday, July 14, 2010





Among the many projects I took on last week, there are a couple that make me very happy. One is a chandelier that my lovely husband found for me on Craigslist. I decided to become an electrician for the day and splice it to an extension cord so we could hang it in our living room where there is currently no light at all except for a little lamp. Add two cans of white spray paint and voila! My new favorite pretty thing. When we plugged it in the first time, Edward said "wow, I feel like I didn't even know what colors the things in here were..." It's amazing what light will do to a room. Of course I prefer the windows open, but at least now in the evenings we won't kill our eyes trying to do anything.
Also worth mentioning - Ransom seems to be turning into a bit of a thumb sucker, like his mama. It may be a teething phase kind of thing, but I've decided neither to encourage or discourage it. To me it's neither a good, nor bad thing... just something that makes him, him. And I like to think, also a little bit of me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog! Thanks so much for the pics and posts! Ransom is so incredibly beautiful, maybe next summer we will be in the pool with him! Love you guys! - tia haley

    ReplyDelete