barnwood

Monday, July 5, 2010


It always makes me smile when children of any age shun the toys that blink, whiz, whir, or generally play for them, rather than inspiring children to play with them. Many people have told us how expensive children are to have... I think possibly that these people have made their children expensive in ways that children, inherently, aren't. I know there are the food and doctors bills, and college in the long distant future, but babies and children... they shouldn't be expensive.
Tonight Ransom confirmed this belief of mine by discovering that his new favorite teething toy is my wooden spaghetti spoon. It made him as happy and content as anything else did all day, if not more so. If we didn't 'know' better, we'd think it was designed for infants use and not cooking...the knobs are perfect for his little itchy gums to gnaw on, and the handle is long enough that he can hold it at any point without dropping it, and the wood is firm, and soft, enough to give him just the amount of pressure he needs.
Once again, he has reminded me to be happy with less.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of my nephew. Way to go Ransom! xx

    ReplyDelete